Diamond Calculator
Use the Diamond Calculator to estimate current selling value for loose polished diamonds
Select Your Diamond Cut
Select Colour
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
Select Clarity
IF
VVS1
VVS2
VS1
VS2
SI1
SI2
SI3
I1
Select Carat Weight
0.10
0.15
0.20
0.25
0.30
0.40
0.50
0.70
0.90
1.00
1.25
1.50
2.00
2.50
3.00
SUMMARY
Shape:
Colour:
Clarity
Carat:
ESTIMATED PRICE: ZAR 9800
*Note: This is not an official Quotation

The Diamond Corporation, South Africa™ Diamond Calculator provides estimated market values and by no means indicates the final asking price of a diamond.
Diamond prices are US Dollar based and subject to currency exchange rate changes as well as fluctuations in international diamond asking prices....

Available Diamonds >
Shape Carat Colour Clarity Price
Best Price Gaurantee

Diamonds

A diamond's story begins deep in the earth - 65 to 125 km below the surface. Approximately 3 billion years ago, these stones were formed as a result of unbelievable heat and pressure placed on carbon crystals. Basically diamonds have two main uses: in Jewellery (due to their rarity and beautiful appearance) and in Industrial Applications (due to their unique molecular properties). In terms of quantity, about 30% of diamonds are of gem quality and are used for polishing and jewelry production. The remaining 70% of diamonds are sold to industries for use in industrial applications.

The word "diamond" comes from the Greek word “Adamas”, meaning "Unconquerable". Diamond is a transparent gem made of carbon, which is one of the Earth's most common elements. The diamond is the hardest known substance in the world. Billions of years ago, in a deep layer of the earth, a unique combination of chemicals, pressure and changes in temperature, created diamonds out of pure carbon.